Thursday, January 20, 2011

My name

I have a class of 25 preschool children and there is another class in the room of about 15 preschoolers who I spend a decent amount of time with throughout the day as well. All of my children call me Miss Brooke and it is nice when a parent takes the time to learn your name as well. I see these a lot of these parents daily and they still have no idea what my name is. They say thank you in passing because it is what you are supposed to say, but it is really nice when a parent stops to say "Thanks Brooke". I'm flabbergasted at how many parents don't know the teacher's name. Even when I mention another teacher in the room I often get "which one  is that?" There are only 3 of us, come on now. So, if you have kids in school at any level, do you know their name?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke! Thanks for following my blog :-) It's amazing how powerful it is just to remember and say someone's name... it immediately makes them feel so significant and important. It's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete